Responsible Gaming is a joint venture between Carlos and our customers. We take this responsibility very seriously, and on this page you will find out how we do that, and also what you can do to join us in this ongoing process of keeping gaming fun and entertaining.
To the majority of people, gambling is fun and entertaining, a hobby or a social activity, Carlos calls this 'Moneytainment'. More and more people are discovering the fun and advantages with Internet gaming. Internet mirrors what we do in real life; we connect with others, we shop, we find information, we find entertainment in many different ways - according to taste and state of mind. To a small percentage of people, gambling – like any other vice – can become problematic and develop into an addiction. When you spend too much time on something, whether it is eating, shopping, gambling, drinking or taking other chemical substances. This particular behaviour will result in negative. Balance is the key to enjoying life and having a great time.
1. To promote Responsible Gaming Carlos continues to:
- Educate and provide information to all staff in Responsible Gaming strategies and procedures.
- Have Responsible Gaming as an integrated part of our daily operations in everything we do, from customer service to marketing and technical solutions.
- Be committed in being up to date with research and public awareness regarding responsible gaming.
- Monitor vigilantly to prevent underage gambling.
- Advertise responsibly.
2. Mindset for Responsible Gaming:
- Responsible gamblers understand that gambling by its nature entails risk and that the odds of winning are with the house.
- Responsible gaming is only done for limited amounts of time, both in frequency and duration.
- Responsible gaming always has predetermined acceptable limits for losses.
3. Responsible Gaming also means:
- You play when you have the money, not when you need the money.
- Bet with your head, not over it.
- Know when to stop, before you start.
- If it causes a problem, it IS a problem.
- If you NEED to win, you need to stop.
- Keep it fun!
As a Carlos customer, you can choose to set a deposit limit. You can set maximum deposit amount of your choice and period of time the limit should apply.
- To set a deposit limit, simply click here then follow the instructions.
Should you discover that you have developed a gambling problem, you can choose to block yourself from logging on to your account for a set period of time. You can choose to exclude yourself for either 7 days or 6 months. During this time, logon to you account will not be possible.
- To do this, simply click here then follow the instructions.
Our customer service team will also be able to assist you in the closing of your account and our promise is that, we never reopen your account. Multiple accounts are not permitted.
4. Help links:
- Gambling Therapy
- Gordon House Association
If you suspect you have a gambling problem, don't wait for it to work itself out - ask for help immediately. Our staff are properly trained in responsible gaming.
5. You can also find professional help from these 3rd party organisations:
- Gamblers Anonymous International: www.gamblersanonymous.org
If you're worried that gaming is affecting your well being or, that of someone close to you, take a look at this simple self assessment
Don't hesitate to contact us. Depending on the nature of the problem, our customer service staff will refer you to an appropriate source of professional advice.
Carlos - By responsible players, for responsible players.